Sea moss is a small red seaweed that turns green when heated. It has a crunchy texture with a savory crustacean flavor and compares well with Irish moss.
Ingredients: Dried Sea moss * (Mastocarpus stellatus)
* Of biological origin
Now in compostable packaging!
Origin: EU agriculture. Sea moss is harvested by hand in its natural environment on the coast of Galicia (Bay of Biscay and Portuguese Waters).
Used in salads, baked as a snack. It is used in soups, egg dishes, sauces and stews. Sea moss acts as a thickener and stabilizer in sauces, jams, jellies and desserts.
Indication: 5 grams of dried sea moss per liter of liquid for a runny sauce.
- Soak the desired amount of dried sea moss in enough water for 5 minutes
- After soaking, the mass weighs up to 6 times as much
- Boil the whole for 20 minutes.
General: The recommended dose is about 5 grams of seaweed per day.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / ALLERGENS
Store at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Once opened, store in an airtight container and consume by the "best before" date printed on the package.
The seaweed may contain traces of molluscs, crustaceans and fish and may contain small natural materials from the sea. The white color that can appear on the seaweed comes from the salt in the seaweed and ensures natural preservation.
See recipe - beautiful Sea moss gel - under additional information: Sea moss gel is great for improved immunity, improved digestion and replenishment of essential vitamins.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE for 100 gram
178 Kcal / 730 KJ
of which sugars
of which saturated
S𝐄𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐒 𝐆𝐄𝐋 is great for improved immunity, improved digestion, and replenishment of essential vitamins
To make it yourself:
1. Take around 10g moss and cover in lukewarm water for around 30 minutes (it will really expand).
2. Drain of water and place 1 cup moss to 1.5 cup of fresh water in a blender and blend for around 2 minutes (check consistency until you are happy with it - if too runny add more moss, if too thick add more water).
Benefits when taken orally:
• Improved immunity, due to its large amounts of vitamins and antioxidants
• Improved digestion, due to its bacteria-fighting capabilities
• Replenishment of essential vitamins
Benefits when applied topically:
• Skin protection
• Minor wound treatment
• Potential anti-aging properties